Bath oils made with oat carrier oil can be a nourishing and soothing addition to your bath routine. Oat oil is derived from oats and is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, and vitamins, making it a great moisturizer for the skin. It can help to soothe dry, itchy, or irritated skin and can leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
I’ve chosen oat oil because it’s a type of oil that is rich in nutrients and has a number of potential health benefits when used topically. Some of the benefits of using oat oil include:
- Moisturizing: Oat oil is a natural emollient, which means it can help to moisturize and soften the skin. It is also suitable for use on sensitive skin and is often used in products for people with eczema and other skin conditions.
- Anti-inflammatory: Oat carrier oil contains compounds called avenanthramides, which have anti-inflammatory properties. This can help to reduce redness and swelling in the skin, making it a useful ingredient for products designed to soothe and calm irritated skin.
- Antioxidant: Oat oil is a rich source of antioxidants, which can help to protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals. This can help to prevent the signs of aging, such as fine lines and wrinkles, and can also help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
- Nutrient-rich: Oat carrier oil is rich in a number of nutrients, including vitamins E and B, and essential fatty acids. These nutrients can help to nourish and protect the skin, promoting healthy and radiant skin.
- Hair care: Oat oil can also be used in hair care products to help nourish and protect the hair. It can help to add moisture and shine to the hair and may also help to reduce frizz and tame flyaways.
Here is a simple recipe for a homemade oat carrier oil bath oil:
1/2 cup oat carrier oil
1/4 cup almond oil or grapeseed oil
10-15 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional)
In a small bowl, mix the oat carrier oil, almond or grapeseed oil, and essential oil (if using).
Pour the mixture into a clean, dry container with a tight-fitting lid.
To use, add a few tablespoons of the bath oil to warm bath water and stir gently to disperse. Soak in the bath for 15-20 minutes to allow the oils to nourish and moisturize your skin.
After your bath, pat your skin dry with a towel. You may not need to apply additional moisturizer, as the oils will leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated.
Oat Carrier Oil Bath Oil Plus Oatmeal
To make your bath extra soothing, you can also add colloidal oatmeal to your bath water which is just oatmeal ground into a powder. To make it, just run some dry oatmeal through the blender until it becomes a fine powder.
Colloidal oatmeal can be beneficial for people with dry or sensitive skin, as it can help to soothe and moisturize the skin. It’s also helpful for people with conditions such as eczema or psoriasis, as the oats can help to reduce inflammation and irritation.
Additionally, colloidal oatmeal can be helpful for people who are experiencing sunburn or other types of skin irritation, as it can provide relief and help to promote healing. In general, colloidal oatmeal is a gentle and nourishing ingredient that can be suitable for people of all ages and skin types.
Please note, oat carrier oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids, making it an excellent choice for nourishing and moisturizing the skin. It is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which may be helpful for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. However, if you have a known allergy to oats, it is best to avoid using oat oil on your skin.
I might have to make one of these to see how it works for me!
I have never heard of oat oil. It is amazing what that can make oil out of.
I didn’t know oats could be made into oil. I’d love to try this for my baths it sounds so relaxing!
What an awesome way to hydrate my skin. I will definitely try it for my spa night!
This is the first time I’ve heard about oat oil. This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing this with us!
Oat oil seems like something good to have on hand for these lovely DIY projects!
I have never heard of oat oil. Great information that I will be using in the near future.
Oats and oat products have an amazing soothing and calming effect on the skin. Loved the post. I look forward to hearing more about natural products
Love oat-based products. So soothing for the skin! Will have to remember this!
A bath sounds amazing! I think I’ll go take one now lol!
This sounds so wonderful, I must make this when I take a bath if I want one, I mostly shower. so, I don’t know if that would work
Let me know if you try it. It makes bathing wonderful.
Thank you for sharing this helpful homemade oat carrier bath oil recipe! This is definitely something I will be adding to my own bathing routine!